Possible restructuring of the family through divorce?
You are Not alone!
Heather and I have both experienced divorce. We were both married for 21 and 18 years respectfully. We understand that experiencing the restructuring of your family through divorce can be a very difficult time in your life. The Cooper Home Team is here to serve you with compassion and professionalism.
When facing the reality of divorce, couples often have to make one of the most difficult decisions before they can move on with their lives-what to do with the family home. We realize the real estate process can be an area of anxiety and uncertainty. The goal of the Cooper Home Team is to assist you in smoothly navigating the real estate process in a way that is expeditious and impartial to all parties involved. Once again, You are Not alone!
Professional Skills We Offer:
- Real Estate Options Consultation. Chris will give a free consultation to both parties as to options involving how and when to sell or not to sell the property. Please keep in mind that Colorado is primarily a 50/50 no fault state when it comes to most assets. This means equity will be divided equally unless you have agreed to different terms or the court has given different stipulations. Options may include but are not limited to:
- Sell the home and split the equity
- One spouse buys out the other out-splitting the equity
- Options for purchasing another residence or renting once the home is sold
- Free Professional Market Analysis of the home. With over 25 years of experience as a Real Estate Agent and Broker Price Opinion Agent for banks, Chris is the best qualified agent to give a professional property valuation of the home. Knowing the value of your home is always important, especially during a divorce where each party involved needs to receive the maximum amount of equity as possible.
- Free Broker Price Opinion. Attorneys sometimes prefer this method of property valuation. It is similar to a Market Analysis and is often done for banks. Chris has 25 years of experience working with this method.
- Recommend Appraisers if required by the court.
- Expeditious and impartial communication. Both parties will receive the same information in a timely manner. Both parties can be set up on the same email thread or receive separate emails depending on what is most comfortable for the parties involved or what is recommended by your attorneys.
- Putting your home on the market. If you decide to sell your home, we will walk you through the entire process. If both spouses are on the deed, both spouses will have to agree on terms (price, inclusions & exclusions, occupancy, everything). No contract will be fully executed, no sales price will be fully signed, unless all parties agree on the terms. We can work with you one on one, or we can work with you via text/email. We can be your middle man if you want to have separate communications.
- Home Seller Services. Please see our Home Seller Information page for services included when you hire the Cooper Home Team.
Once again, the Cooper Home Team is here to serve you with compassion and professionalism. Our hope is to give you peace of mind with the real estate process as we walk with you through this time in your life.